Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Hiking Chief Mountain, Colorado


When planning my trip to Denver, I wanted to celebrate Halloween and go on an awesome hike. You may have noticed this year I did not hike much at all, which is unfortunate because with each year I crave it more and more. It did not take any convincing to get Frank to agree to something on the easy side and within an hour's drive of Denver. What a great friend! And what a great hike we chose!

The Chief Mountain trail on Chief Mountain in Arapaho National Forest gave us epic 360 views of the Rocky Mountains and everything else for miles and miles. I saw my first snow of the year up on the mountain - so peaceful and crisp, unlike New York City slush. Hanging with my friend, taking in the views and feeling the wind at the top made for one of the happiest moments of the year for me.

Hike Length: 3 miles roundtrip
Hike Time: It took us 4 hours because we sat at the top for a while and took a different route back.
Elevation Start: 10,740 ft (3273m)
Peak Elevation: 11,722 ft (3573m)
Temperature: 45-50F (7-10 C)

We initially parked the car and walked around near the trailhead.

Snow!
 


Dasha from Russia


Hey there!









No comments:

Post a Comment