Monday, November 12, 2018

Sydney, in photos

My first stop in Australia was Sydney! What a beautiful city - right on the water with luscious green trees, blue waters, the incomparable Sydney Opera House and the striking Harbour Bridge making up it's most famous views. I had 5 days here in total and did a whole lot of walking and taking in the scenery.  Due to Australia being the most expensive part of my trip, I opted to stay in hostels when I was not staying with friends. In Sydney, I stayed at Sydney Central YHA and had a pleasant time - I stayed in the bigger dorms with 8 beds and overall everyone was respectful and quiet around bedtime, which was the only time I was really there. The cafe downstairs had really yummy breakfasts albeit on the pricey side for a solo backpacker, but it was my morning luxury! There are two YHAs in Sydney and mine was right by the Central Train station making train commutes around town super convenient!

First breakfast at my hostel the morning I arrived to Sydney.
The official Australian Coat of Arms has a kangaroo and emu on it. 













First peek at the Rainbow Lorikeet



















































No comments:

Post a Comment