Sunday, May 13, 2012

Packin' up the ol' bag...


Back in Thailand and it feels so good. When I went backpacking in Southeast Asia 2010-2011, some people asked about what I packed, so here's the post for that now. I admit I may have over packed, as well as packed the wrong things. I am expecting to spend 1.5 - 2 months in Thailand and then one month or less in Europe (Germany and now maybe Spain with my new friends!) so I had to think of packing for the tropics and for less tropical temperatures. I failed. Guess I'll have to go shopping.
I would like to think I (slightly) learned from my past mistake and packed a better first aid. Maybe?
Bandaids, Neosporin, Jock itch cream (you know, if I get a fungul infection anywhere, Tums, antibiotics if I get sick again, two benadryl because that's logical, Ibuprofen, and TEA TREE OIL - a God send, one of my favorite things in the world thanks to Lindsey!)

Have bad vision sucks.


I went a little crazy with the books. See, being in graduate school does not allow for leisure reading.
'The Shock Doctrine' as per Kate's recommendation in September, 'Adventures of Cavalier and Clay' as per Nate's rec, 'Body, Self, and Society: The View from Fiji' as per my professor's rec, 'Obed u lyudaeda' as per me needing to get better at reading Russian. My ol' Thai phrase book and a journal color pencils & pens.  

No comments:

Post a Comment