"As in Thai society, so within the family itself, a child quickly learns where he or she stands in relation to the other people under the same roof. Your elders are your betters in Thai tradition and should be given due deference. Mother and father are mea and paw respectively, and the child will learn to address them as khun mea and khun paw (Mrs. Mother and Mr. Father.)"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
I am in Munich, Germany! I met ' The German ' in Thailand in December 2010. We traveled Cambodia and some of Vietnam together f...
-
Happy Valentine's Day to all! Sure, it may be silly to have one day specifically alotted for flowers, kisses, hugs, chocolates, and l...
-
Dragonfruit, YUM! (and mango) What dragonfruit looks like on the inside.
-
This guy VS This guy My last name means Daughter of a Blacksmith but it can also mean GRASSHOPPER!! The insect grasshopper ...
-
For our one year annivesary, my boyfriend and I woke up bright and early in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn took the subway to Grand Central for M...
No comments:
Post a Comment