Sunday, November 11, 2018

Pacific Rim Tour Stop 1: Los Angeles

March 1st I left NYC for the Pacific Rim Tour of 2018 - Los Angeles, Australia, Bali Indonesia, Singapore, Seattle WA, and Portland OR. I booked this trip months before, planning for a break between my crisis intervention therapist job and moving to Colorado. Boy, did I predict needing a break! By the time I left my job mid-February I was the most burnt out I'd ever been and craving for some selfish alone time where I didn't have to talk to anyone and could just look at beautiful things in beautiful places.

Los Angeles was my first stop to visit my friend Sini and her fiance John. Their wedding was at the end of April in Tennessee so my 2 month trip started and ended with these lovebirds. Mostly Sini and I worked on her wedding invitations, but I did some solo and group exploring as well. It was a nice, chill start to vacation life.
Sini working on her handmade invitations 
During winter 2017, the movie "All the Money in the World" came out about a kidnapping that occurred in the Getty family bringing this family/tale to my awareness. Whilst in LA we all decided to visit the Getty Villa to see the grounds and the art collection J. Paul Getty amassed during his lifetime. Yes, the same Getty that the "Getty images" stamp is seen on many online images. Here are some photos of the beautiful grounds including the various tiled floors that I was obsessed with.











Then we drove north to El Matador State Beach. California really does have such epic cliff falls and ocean views.




Can you see me?
The next day we drove over to the Griffith Observatory. I had not been there since August 2010 and wanted to see the building and the views again!





John, Sini, and me =)
Look how I am naturally sitting here.
I finally had energy to bike ride all over the beach area from Santa Monica to Venice Beach and had a super fun time. California is such a beautiful state no matter where you go!

A sign of things to come...


California, why are you so beautiful?!

Just casually laying here reading about Australia.
I was really excited to be on this bike ride!






No comments:

Post a Comment