Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Kampot, in photos

I looked so weird my first morning in Kampot. No more beachin', no more German friend, just flyin' solo.
Expat.
View of Bokor mountain (and national park) over the Teuk Chhou River.
French architecture.
They asked me to take their photo.
He yelled at me from afar to take his photo.
Mmmm fried banana.
This town used to be for the French elite, then the Khmer elite, then the Khmer Rouge came and killed everyone. Not too long ago (5 years) Kampot was a ghost town. It is so beautiful though, and expats and Cambodians are living in this pretty town again.
Broken down former Market Building
French influence

Sure, why not have a huge durian sculpture in the middle of town.
3 men, two motorbikes. What are they doing?
Watching a volleyball game. Cambodians <3 volleyball.
Bokor at night.
I met Rebecca!
Riding on a motorbike like a local.
You need something to cover the dust from suffocating your lungs!



One of my 5 kid tour guides to Phnom Chhnork Temple
Phnom Chhnork Temple
Saren and I
Oh, Alaska...in Cambodia.

No comments:

Post a Comment