Sunday, February 6, 2011

Rach Gia, Vietnam, in photos

Because he can!
Rach Gia is a town in the Mekong Delta, but it does not have enough boats.
Awesome vehicles are not allowed down this road.
Motorbike country!!!
These kids stopped me for a good 10 minutes and posed for multiple photos.
They were so great.
First pho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yum! This one's for you Eda, Kim, Ed, etc, etc, etc...
Dried candy and fruit market! They let me try the nastiest ones. So nice.
Eating a delicious deep fried who knows what sweet thing.
This woman hung with me for a long time as I ate my breakfast in a park.
She kept rubbing my leg and talking to me in Vietnamese.
We're best friends now.
Dried herbs!
Getting ready for Tet. Tet = Vietnamese New Year which is the same same as Chinese New Year...where there are fireworks and flowers and everything is double the price and accomodation is difficult to hard in smaller towns. But it is sooo much fun! I would highly recommend coming to Vietnam for Tet!

No comments:

Post a Comment