Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Friendship & food, Bavarian style

Beer, pretzel and yummy three cheese spread (obazda) at a biergarten with Florian!

Men shopping.

Men cooking.

Men eating. (Fabian & Jaro)

My dad on a big Bavarian TV.

Wouldn't you like to drink wine openly, happily in a park? Yes.

Vino, pretzel, obazda, bread, sausages. The life.

I think it was called Gerti's Place and it may be shutting down but I sure did put my signature on the petition against it closing! The Nytimes apparently reviewed this place with full honors.

Gerti herself! Me and Fabian

Flo, me, Fabian at Gerti's.
Schweinbratem - roasted pork with a potato dumpling.

Obvious sunburn.

Went to the University Music Festival.
Check out Fabian's band Well Well Well:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUGdUcYiF7o 

Raul from Transylvania sketched us at the Uni music fest
Sketch of me by  Raul Ciosescu  
http://www.facebook.com/SoundlessSeasons

EVERYONE IS TALLER THAN ME!!!! (Florian, me, Lukas, Raul, Fabian, Jaro at the Uni music fest)
Inside one of the Uni buildings. 

Dachau for Tallest Man on Earth. Look at these people - am I in Brooklyn's Williamsburg neighborhood or am I in Germany? People seem less pretentious in Germany though.

I was introduced to Tallest Man on Earth. Wonderful.

Florian slacklining while half naked girls watch.

It's like he's stepping on us!

Florian lookin' happy and relaxed by the Starnbarg See (lake).

Jaro lookin' too cool by the lake.

Jaro nailed turning on the slackline by the end of the day.

I stood on the slackline without anyone to hold on to long enough for Jaro to take a photo. Progress.

The U-bahn stop by Flo's.

How you buy beer in Germany. 

Men smoking (Lasse, Flo, Fabian).

I went to Bavaria and had Thai waterfall salad for the first time. That Fabian  sure can come up with good recipes  for all of us to just chop the ingredients for.
We had lamb curry. It was delicious.

Then Fabian and I had a mini kind of jam session.

This is proof I was near a guitar while Fabian ate spicy salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment