Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Munich, in photos

Welcome to Germany, where "Mein Kampf" is banned but you can buy the English version in India and use it as your open window holder.



Slackline championship.


Bike lanes everywhere. Helmets, not so much (my style).



Nymphenburg Palace (Schloss Nymphenburg)

Inside on the buildings within the Nymphenburg Palace (Schloss Nymphenburg) 

Inside on the buildings within the Nymphenburg Palace (Schloss Nymphenburg) 

Inside on the buildings within the Nymphenburg Palace (Schloss Nymphenburg) 


I stand by my statement of "Sometimes trees look like upside down vagina legs".

The whole city knows these hotties. They are dudes. I was fooled.




Now that's how you frame your door. 



Frauenkirche.

The Black Footprint in the Frauenkirche. They say good ol' Satan stepped into this church but thought it was ugly because he couldn't see windows...and then he saw windows and was all 'I WAS WRONG!' and in that he left a very small footprint. I think I've always imagined Satan to look like Jafar as the evil genie in Aladdin. 


Inside Frauenkirche.

Nymphenburg Palace

New Town Hall in Marienplatz



You can buy fruit outside everywhere...but I have to say our New York organic is better. 

Of course I had lahmaun but it did not compare to Turkey.
Views from above.





The U-bahn.








Starnberg See. A huge Lake with the Alps to one side.

They say Munich water is the cleanest in Europe, and therefore the world maybe? It tastes a bit weird to me, but it must be because of all the chalk in it. The chalk is not bad for you, but it sure is bad for your tea kettles!

No comments:

Post a Comment