Monday, March 28, 2011

Railay Beach, Thailand, x2, and I would do it again and again and again...

I loved Railay Beach so much, too much, very much in November, so I returned in March! So all these photos are just a big lovefest. I started writing songs about the limestone cliffs and everything. <3 I will be back!!
Railay East from a distance (on the longtail to this beautiful place)
Outside my hotel room. Niiiice.
It rained a bit every day, but it was still so freaking fantastic!
Yes, sunburnt. I was missing home so I bought New York Cheddar Kettle Chips.
Who knew they sold 'em in Thailand?
The night of the HUGE moon/closest it has been in 20 years, the low tide was crazy!
Still low tide from the Full moon.


So beautiful!
Oh yes, I tried rock climbing! With Tom - best instructor
"Put your left foot where your right hand is! Foot work! Foot work!"
My first climb! Beautiful views from atop!
Nice @$$.
Suited up, walking to the next cave and climb! This was when I already knew that I loved rock climbing!!
Such a beautiful view!

Life is so good.
After a 3 minute walk in the absolute cave darkness, we came out to this!
Abseiling
29 meters to the top? uhhhhhh OK!
I got stuck here for quite some time. Almost quit. But how rewarding it was to get to the top!
Rock climbing is such an amazing sport. Can't wait to do it again!
Tom!
How to get good, cheap food on Railay.
Monkeys, monkeys everywhere! A lot of them have infections though, very sad.
Limestone cliffs look so different once you've climbed them. They are close friends.


Best Swedish guys- Anders and Emil.
I'm serious, they are awesome!
Climbed up to another view point. This was more of a trek and rock scramble up.
Railay Beach.
Beautiful, beautiful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment